Thursday, February 5, 2015

Class 3: Exploring the Virtual World Framework (VWF)

The world was called Grassy Terrain. It was actually very simple and everywhere I seemed to go (which took forever) I kept seeing the same things. I wish you could jump super high up as you can in MeshMoon to explore the entire place as a whole.
This next world was called Afghan Village. It was very plain and seemed just like a village that goes along one street. There was some detail with the people in it but they were frozen and noninteractive. 

I was very impressed by the details in this one. It was cool to see the command center which this place was called.

Overall I was pretty impressed by the graphics in VWF. Especially in the Command Center world, you can see how refined the details are. You can see the words that are even on something small such as the computer screens. However I believe that the good graphics come at a tradeoff. It seemed that the worlds in VWF were very laggy/choppy on my computer. I could not move around smoothly.

I think Meshmoon is better. A feature I like in Meshmoon is that you can jump as high as you want and explore the world easily. This feature would've been nice in the first world of VWF. VWF only allows for first person walking in an almost realistic manner. This was something that I felt restricted me especially because the worlds were also much more laggy and harder for my computer to process.



No comments:

Post a Comment